Wednesday 26 June 2019

My Scratch Project-Te Reo Maori.

Task: Create a simple animation using scratch that teaches people some of our phrases of the week-Korero o to Wiki

WALT:
- Use scratch to code for computational thinking.
- Learn how to create basic code on scratch.
- Say basic phrases in Te Reo Maori

Click he to see our Korero o te Wiki-Phases of the week.

For my project I made a game. Here are the rules of the game.
 -use the arrow keys to move the character Razer
-use m to use his pickaxe

Character Gingy
- use the keys W S A and D to move Gingy
- E is to move his pickaxe

The aim of the game is to destroy the other character and then you move to level two. On level two you have to get the boss and then you win.

P.S: This game is double player.


I also made this animation.

6 comments:

  1. These are fantastic Scratch projects Jack. I like the way you recorded your voice to do the speaking. Good on you for speaking so clearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicola,
      Thanks. I enjoyed making these. It wasn't all me thought the game was made by Joe,James,Kade and I and the animation was made by Benny and I. The voice recording was Bennys voice.
      Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jack
    Well done for showing some of your coding skills on scratch and for create an animation that included some of the Te Reo Māori phrases we have been learning. It was great that you were able to use your skills to help teach the class how to use scratch. I liked seeing you work with James, Joe and Kade to create the above game. Wow, what a lot of code a game requires! The animation you created with Benny was great. I agree with Nicola in that you had good clear voices on it and the cat's speech bubbles were easy to read. Ka pai tō mahi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack. I liked the game you and your friends made. Its cool how its two player and when you win a message pops up and says victory royale. The animation you and Benny made is really cool. I like how a doorbell sound plays when the cat enters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jack hi Benny, my name is Garcia. I really liked your animation. I thought it was cool how you put maori words when you made your cool little characters speak. Did you use props for that red character you made? I thought that was really clever THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jack hi Benny, my name is Garcia. I really liked your animation. I thought it was cool how you put maori words when you made your cool little characters speak. Did you use props for that red character you made? I thought that was really clever THANKS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.